On June 19, Dong A University (Da Nang) solemnly held the announcement ceremony of Decision on establishing the Faculty of Japanese Language and Culture, Dong A University.
The ceremony was attended by representatives of Embassy of Japan in Vietnam, Japanese Consulate Office in Danang, Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam, Japan External Trade Organization in Vietnam, Danang People's Committee, local government departments & agencies of Da Nang as well as many international and domestic associated enterprises.
Establishing the Faculty of Japanese Language and Culture, Dong A University is proud to be the first non-public university in the Central region of Vietnam to officially enroll students and offer Japanese Language Major training programs from 2020 with the enrollment target of 90 students for the first year.
PhD. Nguyen Thi Anh Dao - Rector of Dong A University awarded the Decision on the establishment of the first Japanese Language and Culture Faculty at a non-public university in the Central Region of Vietnam
Mr. YOHEI Arai - Representative of Japan External Trade Organization in Hanoi (JETRO in Hanoi) said: "According to JETRO's annual surveys, approximately 70% of Japanese enterprises who have invested in Vietnamese market claimed that they are planning for business expansion, which is the highest among ASEAN countries. In addition, due to the impact of coronavirus pandemic, it is expected that in the near future, the operation of supply chain at Japanese businesses will accelerate and Vietnam is a promising market that is receiving a lot of attention.
Expected to be a potential investment area of manufacturing and IT industries, Da Nang will gain more attention from Japanese businesses in the future. Once Japanese enterprises invest in Vietnam, there will be a big challenge for ensuring quality human resources. The establishment of a core institution for the development of human resources for Japan in the Central region of Vietnam is an important and timely decision. Dong A University will contribute to the development of top quality human resources - outstanding individuals who will foster the development of both Japan and Vietnam."
Mr. YOHEI Arai - Representative of Japan External Trade Organization in Hanoi - Jetro in Hanoi spoke at the ceremony
Meanwhile, PhD. Nguyen Thi Anh Dao - Chairman of the Board of Directors cum Rector of Dong A University, said that the establishment of Faculty of Japanese Language and Culture is for the mission of encouraging students to learn and understand Japanese culture & language so that every Japanese Language Major student will become an excellent advocate contributing to the development of Japanese - Vietnamese culture.
"The newly-established Faculty of Japanese Language and Culture is considered as a bridge to enhance the Japan - Vietnam economic and cultural development strategy in the present and future, especially contributing to the development strategy in which Japan enterprises have been valued strategic partners of the Dong A University in recent years. At the same time, the faculty will help students achieve Japanese proficiency certifications so that they can study and work in Japan soon. The first phase of this plan is to offer internships and jobs under the integration and internship programs. The second phase is that students will work as engineers according to the strategic orientation of networking Dong A University with Japanese business partners in the long term", PhD. Nguyen Thi Anh Dao said.
“Comprehensive cooperation with Japan is considered as an international development strategy and a precious opportunity for over 2,000 students of all majors who are studying Japanese. The establishment of the Faculty of Japanese Language and Culture offers a prestigious institution for training and providing high quality, skilled Japanese-speaking human resources in many fields such as Tourism, Hospitality Administration, Japanese International Tour Guide, Human Resource Management, Tariffs, Import - Export, Japanese , IT. The faculty aims at training a pilot working force of high quality Japanese-speaking engineers for the Japanese market of IT and Software, etc.; for the needs of internships and working in Japan as well as for the Vietnamese business market or Japanese businesses with increasing investments in Vietnam” said Dr. Ngo Quang Vinh - Vice Rector, Dean of Japanese Language and Culture Faculty, Dong A University.
Program information in the press:
- ĐCSVN: Thành lập Khoa Ngôn ngữ và Văn hóa Nhật Bản, Đại học Đông Á
- Tổ Quốc: Đại học ngoài công lập đầu tiên ở miền Trung đào tạo ngành Ngôn ngữ Nhật
- Báo Mới: Đại học ngoài công lập đầu tiên ở miền Trung đào tạo ngành Ngôn ngữ Nhật
- Nhịp cầu Doanh nghiệp: Đại học Đông Á thành lập Khoa Ngôn ngữ và Văn hóa Nhật Bản
- NewThoiDai: Đại học Đông Á đào tạo ngành Ngôn ngữ Nhật
- Bản tin trưa ngày 19/6/2020 | VTC1
- Bản tin Đài VTC: Đào tạo Ngôn ngữ và Văn hóa Nhật Bản nâng cao chất lượng sinh viên ra trường
- DRT: Thời sự trưa 19-06-2020
- Bản tin Đài DanangTV: Đại học Đông Á thành lập khoa Ngôn ngữ và Văn hóa Nhật Bản
- DSA: Đại học ngoài công lập đầu tiên tại miền Trung đào tạo ngành Ngôn ngữ Nhật và độc quyền tổ chức kỳ thi năng lực Nhật ngữ JTest tại miền Trung – Tây Nguyên
- MK - ASEAN: Trường Đại học Đông Á thành lập Khoa Ngôn ngữ và Văn hóa Nhật Bản
- baodanang.vn: Trường Đại học Đông Á thành lập khoa Ngôn ngữ và Văn hóa Nhật Bản
- NLĐO: Trường ngoài công lập đầu tiên ở miền Trung đào tạo ngành Ngôn ngữ Nhật
- CAO: Kỳ thi năng lực Nhật ngữ duy nhất tại Đại học Đông Á
- enternews.vn: Đại học ngoài công lập đầu tiên ở miền Trung đào tạo ngành Ngôn ngữ Nhật
- GD&TĐ: Trường ĐH Đông Á thành lập khoa Ngôn ngữ và văn hóa Nhật
- VietNamNews: Japanese language centre founded in central Việt Nam
- VietJo: ダナンのドンアー大学、日本言語文化学部を設立 中部の私大で初